Friday, March 20, 2015

I became my dad yesterday

I became my dad yesterday.
I'm riddled with guilt and insufferable sadness
The abused became the abuser.
I didn't lash out with voilence or anything

I gave the look. I said the words
The violent devastating words that hurt more than the worst beating.

I made my son feel small and dejected.
He didn't meet my expectations.
I was ashamed... my stupid arrogance got the better of me.
My puffed up pride.

I thought I had transcended from this place.
I saw the moment of who he would be, who he could be, the lights, the glamour, the stories to write, the awards to win.

But he couldn't take the step, he didn't want to.
I couldn't force him.

And I was so disappointed.
I should have behaved differently.
I should have been better

I could have. But I walked away, washed my hands.
All these years of running and fighting to not be this.. this rotten bad seed.

Here I am standing in the same place.
Today is new, and I start over and realize how much further I have to go.

That I never took the step.
I didn't want to.

1 comment:

  1. คาสิโนออนไลน์ Extra detail of the roulette game.

    คาสิโนออนไลน์ Gaming Access, Betting, Computer Networking, Website You will be impressed with the greatness of the service that is unique, with a masterpiece of modern. The risk of being fully aware of the risk. And because today we are attentive to all those who come to know the popular gambling games like roulette.
    About Roulette One of the most popular gambling games is the rest of Europe, where the word roulette is derived from French. And meaning that the small wheel in which the player will gamble the outcome of the game as a single number or gambling group numbers. You may also bet odd numbers odd numbers. Or reddish black How to play a rotating wheel. And release the ball to run on the reels. And, except for this, we also have a master play from a real table. Through Internet broadcasting, you have access to more realism.
    However, with the extra details of roulette playing. And the game of networking. Other computer network supplement may be read on the website สมัครคาสิโนออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete